The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Forklift safely.
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the CPCS Technical Test.
Who Should Attend The Course?
- All personnel required to operate a Telehandler.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re – fuelling systems Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and Unloading flat bed
- lorries and at various heights
- CPCS Technical Test Theory and practicalElement